Painting Quote Template – Download a Free Editable PDF
Boost your sales closing rate with this professional templateBy George Leon | Updated April 1, 2023
Your painting quote can help you win painting contracts and secure long-term projects.
A painting quote is a document showing how your painting business can solve your client’s problems, your service’s costs, and your terms and conditions.
And the good news? By downloading our free painting quote template PDF, you can easily estimate painting jobs quickly and accurately.
Get this template as an editable Google Doc:
Or use our free PDF versions below:
This article will explain why a quote template is essential for every painting business as well as what makes a winning painting quote.
Why a Painting Quote Template is Necessary
It Simplifies the Process of Creating Custom Estimates.
Professional templates allow you to create a polished quote quickly and efficiently.
It’s true. With a customizable template, you can:
- Showcase your expertise and demonstrate your value.
- Provide an overview of the painting scope of work and materials required.
- Compile a cost breakdown for the painting project.
- Establish clear terms and conditions to ensure a smooth process.
It Helps Set You Apart From Your Competitors.
A carefully crafted quote demonstrates to potential clients that you value your work and will go the extra mile to provide a tailored quotation.
On the other hand, a rough painting quotation could lead to clients judging your painting services based on price rather than value.
It’s important to emphasize how valuable your services are and what makes you stand out from the competition.
Download our free sample painting quote PDF, which can be edited directly and converted to a PDF format.
The Header for Your Painting Quote
An effective quote starts with a strong header. This section outlines general details about your painting business, the client, the painting project, and the quote.
Put your logo in the upper-right corner of your quote to make it look more professional.
The following details should be included in a painting quote header:
Client Info (Where to Send the Quote)
- Full Name
- Billing Address
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Location of the Painting Project
Your Painting Company’s Info
- Full Name of the Business Owner/Estimator
- Your Business Name
- Your Email Address
- Your Phone Number
- Job ID
- Quote Date
- Quote’s Expiration Date
- Project Start Date
- Expected Completion Date
View a sample painting quote header below:
A project overview sums up the painting project based on observations you made on site and the client’s goals and expectations.
Briefly describe the project in two to three paragraphs. The client should be provided with an estimated timeline of when the job will be completed.
Providing a project overview is optional, but it clarifies the tasks you must complete and sets clear expectations for the client. Adding a project overview to your quote can also help impress your client and secure the project.
Here are some quick tips:
- Identify the main problems the client wants to be solved, such as removing peeling paint and improving curb appeal.
- Describe how you plan to solve the issues and the results they can expect. You could bring up how high-quality paint can help keep the property in good shape for a long time.
Painting estimates can include this optional element to help you stand out from the competition.
In case you might be asking yourself, a company overview explains precisely why your painting firm is the best choice for the job.
- You should begin by thanking the client for considering your painting services.
- Outline the key benefits the client will receive if he or she hires you. For example, you can pinpoint the use of premium products to ensure exceptional durability, stunning finish, and resistance to the elements.
- Provide specific details about the processes you employ to achieve outstanding results, such as your extensive prep work for a smooth, flawless finish.
- Assure the client you have a group of qualified, knowledgeable, and experienced painters and state-of-the-art equipment to do the job right.
Interior Painting Quote
The purpose of an interior painting quote is to determine how much it will cost to paint the interiors of a property.
Six columns are included in our sample interior painting quote:
We included the cost of preparing and painting every room in the interior painting quote sample below.
Pro-Tip: It may be helpful to add general notes, such as adding a line item for pantries and laundry rooms or charging an extra fee for painting interior doors.
Exterior Painting Quote
Estimates for exterior painting include materials and labor for cleaning, preparing, and painting a home’s exterior.
The following details are included in our exterior painting quote sample:
As part of an exterior painting project, parts like siding, eaves, trim around openings, doors, and shutters usually need to be painted.
Notes can be written beside this column based on your observations during your on-site visit. You can, for example, describe whether certain parts are in good condition or show some peeling.
Our painting quote sample includes the specific measurement type for each element, such as square feet and linear feet.
- Determine the quantity of every component and the cost involved to prep, fix, and paint it.
- Then, multiply the quantity by the rate to get the subtotal cost of each component.
- Adding all subtotal costs will give you the final painting quote.
Terms and Conditions
Even though a painting quote is not yet binding to either party, it is a good idea to add terms and conditions to avoid unwanted surprises in the future. If there are new requests, your client will know how estimates may change and what payment terms apply.
We include general terms and conditions in our painting quote sample PDF. You can adjust it to suit your current painting project.
Our painting job quote template includes the following painting contract terms and conditions:
- Upon completion, inform the client that they will need to inspect and sign off on the work.
- To prevent payment delays and to ensure smooth progress on your next project, you can add a deadline, such as 48 hours.
- Customers who fail to inspect the work within the deadline may be denied touchups or warranty work until they pay the balance.
In most cases, clients shall pay the remaining balance in full once a client receives an invoice.
Describe any payment provisions, especially if the client alters the scope of the project after a written change order. Any hidden damages discovered during the painting process will be charged as an extra charge on top of the quote.
A painting contractor’s terms and conditions must include expectations regarding the quality of the work. Our painting quote defines what kind of painted finish the contractor will deliver and how the client can assess if the contractor provided the specified result.
Clients should be informed that their valuable possessions, such as televisions and refrigerators, won’t be moved by your team. It’s essential to clarify to the customer that you won’t be responsible for unexpected damage if you move these items.
- Our sample painting quote also mentions using low – to mid-tack painter’s tape to protect the floor.
- Damage to the floor during the painting project indicates an improper floor finish, which is not the contractor’s responsibility.
Provide a Warranty
You can demonstrate your commitment to customer satisfaction and cater to your client’s objections by offering a warranty that stands behind your work. Give your clients peace of mind by offering a warranty.
Be clear about the warranty’s coverage. Most painting contractor warranties cover workmanship defects, not severe weather conditions or damage caused by the customer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you write a quote for painting services?
You can write a quote for painting services by using a premade quote template. Edit the line items of the template for each project to create a customized painting quote.
What should a painting quote include?
A painting quote includes client details, service provider details, costs of labor and materials, and terms and conditions.
Conclusion: Creating an Impressive Painting Quote
Depending on the scope of your project, painting quotes differ in style. Using our sample painting quote template, you can create professional, customized quotes that will close sales and boost your business.
To find apps that automate your quote writing process, check out our best apps for painting contractors.
You can download our painting quote sample PDF to have on hand whenever you need a detailed quote. You can save the file as an excel sheet, PDF, or Google sheet.