With affordable prices, convenient locations, and household amenities, Airbnb accommodations have been immensely successful throughout the US.
And that’s good news for your cleaning business! Airbnb hosts have to provide a clean environment to get glowing reviews and attract more guests.
It’s the perfect opportunity to specialize in Airbnb cleaning and keep your business busy year-round.
Keep reading to learn how to secure Airbnb cleaning contracts, whether you’re just starting out or planning to launch a cleaning company.
How to get cleaning contracts with Airbnb owners
When targeting Airbnb rentals, you have to find Airbnb hosts and do business directly with them.
Airbnb, an online marketplace for renting out homes to people, is an intermediary between private homeowners and travelers. Many Airbnb hosts with busy rental businesses rely on dependable housekeeping services to keep their properties clean.
Here’s how you can find Airbnb rental property owners and offer your cleaning services.
Table of Contents
1. Create a list of all Airbnbs within your service area.
Go to the Airbnb website, and check all available accommodations in your city. You can directly message the hosts to introduce your cleaning services.
- Keep your message short and engaging. Draw interest by emphasizing your unique selling proposition. For example, tell them you’re available for emergency bookings, and you will leave the place 100% clean and sanitized every time.
- Make them realize the importance of professional cleaning. Cleanliness is a top priority for travelers and tourists. Cleaner homes lead to happier guests, higher ratings, and ultimately bigger revenues.
- You can also offer discounts for long-term contracts to gain repeat customers.
- Track positive reviews focusing on the cleanliness of Airbnb properties you’ve cleaned, and use them to craft a more persuasive pitch to Airbnb hosts. Or mention how negative reviews impact bookings. Nobody likes dirty and disorganized homes!
Listings on the Airbnb website are always changing, so keep checking the site to update your list.
Tip: Members of Airbnb Plus, an exclusive invite-only group of exceptional hosts, are the highest-end cleaning customers. Also, Airbnb Superhosts are top-rated and experienced hosts who are likely to hire professional cleaners.
2. Promote your Airbnb cleaning service online.
Social media is an excellent avenue to expand your connections and get clients for your cleaning business.
- Join local Airbnb and short-term rental Facebook groups to discover a pool of prospects and find Airbnb cleaning jobs. It helps to build trust by sharing valuable knowledge, like tips for cleaning the kitchen or removing stubborn bathroom stains. You can share information-packed blogs to redirect potential clients to your website.
- A stunning, smooth-loading website is critical in marketing your cleaning business online. Be sure not to skimp on web design!
Tip: Send an email containing a personable letter offering cleaning services to introduce your business.
3. Attend local networking opportunities.
Explore local events for rental property owners, property managers, and real estate professionals to meet your target market. Be prepared to hand out business cards and start conversations.
Tip: A winning cleaning business sales pitch will help you secure an Airbnb cleaning contract. A compelling sales pitch solves the customer’s problem, highlights benefits and results, and includes an enticing offer.
4. Optimize your Google Business Profile, and get listed in top online directories.
When Airbnb rental property owners look for reliable cleaners online, you want your company to be at the top of search engine results.
- Optimizing your Google Business Profile helps you rank higher in local results.
- Strengthen your online presence by getting listed in online directories and advertising on platforms where Airbnb cleaning customers can find you, like Yelp, Angi, HomeAdvisor, and Next Door.
Tips to stand out and win Airbnb cleaning jobs
Guarantee swift cleanings after check-out and before check-in.
Let Airbnb owners know your cleaning business is ready to clean their properties after guests check out and during emergencies.
This is usually the number one challenge Airbnb hosts struggle with, especially those with multiple properties. They want dependable, skilled cleaners who can do the job on schedule before new guests arrive.
Establish a cleaning process.
Create a printable cleaning checklist outlining your multi-step process for cleaning Airbnbs in the most efficient way possible, from vacuuming the floor and scrubbing sinks to cleaning the toilet and shower.
This will help you finish jobs quickly and provide consistent, excellent results.
Airbnb cleaning and turnover services usually require you to:
- Dust furniture and other surfaces
- Change sheets
- Clean inside appliances
- Do the dishes
- Wash the windows
- Wipe mirrors
- Clean countertops
- Sanitize sinks, toilets, bathtubs, and showers
- Vacuum and mop floors
- Take out the trash
- Report any damage to the Airbnb host
Inform clients about extra-charge services, such as laundry or carpet cleaning.
Nurture business relationships.
Cultivate relationships with your clients by providing impressive results and outstanding customer service. You can ask for referrals from satisfied clients to connect with other vacation rental owners who may hire you.
Tip: Discounts for customer referrals will bring more business to your cleaning company.
How much does an Airbnb cleaner make?
Airbnb cleaning business owners earn anywhere from $25 to $90 per hour, with an average hourly wage of $28. Cleaning business profits range from $50,000 to $60,000 per year.
Cleaning prices vary depending on location, size of the home, and the type and frequency of cleaning. Check our house cleaning pricing guide to get an idea of average cleaning rates.
Overall, Airbnb cleaning can be very profitable as demand for vacation rentals has skyrocketed through the years. If you want higher earnings, you can offer to become an Airbnb co-host and make around 10% to 15% of the rental revenue.
Whether you’re running a one person business or a team of cleaners, your company’s success and profitability depend on how often you complete cleaning projects.
Follow our tips above and become an Airbnb cleaner that attracts recurring clients.
Once you build a solid reputation, more people will refer your cleaning services, and your business will grow into a well-established, go-to company in the Airbnb niche.