How Much Does a Carpet Cleaning Business Make? Owner Salary
Carpet cleaning business profitsBy Jake Perry | Updated March 9, 2023
If you’re considering starting a carpet cleaning business, you’re probably wondering how much you can expect to earn.
Income and profitability for carpet cleaning depend on several factors, such as your location, industry (residential vs commercial), and the number of employees.
Below, we’ll explore some factors affecting a carpet cleaning business owner’s salary.
How much does a carpet cleaning business make?
The average salary of a carpet cleaning business owner with five employees is $105,000. Each employee in a carpet cleaning business generates roughly $140,000 in revenue, and the business keeps 15% of that revenue as profit.
But there are a few factors to consider when looking at expected profits.
- Due to higher living costs, New York and California companies earn higher wages than those in other states.
- Commercial-oriented companies make more than residential-oriented companies.
- A company with a strong reputation and a constant stream of word-of-mouth leads spends less on marketing, resulting in higher profits.
Generally, larger carpet cleaning businesses can make more money due to the increased number of customers they can handle. However, the overhead cost, such as additional staff members, also increases. Sometimes a smaller business can generate its owner more profits because of these above factors.
How to increase your carpet cleaning business profits
Your overall salary will increase if you focus on increasing revenue and decreasing expenses. Here are a few suggestions:
- Add more marketing channels
- Offer additional services
- Increase prices every year
- Create upsell opportunities
- Sell subscription plans
- Optimize staff scheduling and team workloads
- Hire subcontractors
- Get better deals on supplies
- Reduce the cost of travel
- Explore cheaper financing options
Commercial carpet cleaning prices may be lower than residential prices, but the larger spaces make up for it and result in higher overall earnings.
Pro-Tip: It’s better to turn away work than to grow too fast. Fast growth can be counterproductive as it can result in underbidding and delays in completing projects.
How do carpet cleaning companies charge for their services?
Most carpet cleaning businesses charge by the square foot, so customers only pay what they need to. Sometimes companies charge by the hour or have different service packages.
What is the best way to market a carpet cleaning business?
The best way to market your carpet cleaning business is through word of mouth and digital marketing. Utilize online platforms such as social media and local directories to reach potential customers. Additionally, don’t forget traditional marketing, such as flyers and door hangers.