There are a few reasons why you’ll need to write a cleaning business bio or description for your cleaning business. But it can be difficult to know where to start, what your business’ mission is, and how to tailor it to your target market.
This is all especially complicated when first starting your cleaning business. That’s why we created these free cleaning company bio examples you can use below.
Why You Need a Cleaning Business Description
A cleaning business description is a key part of your cleaning business. It will be one of the first things potential customers see when they search for cleaning businesses in their area.
And if written well, it’s an excellent opportunity to sell them why your cleaning business is the best choice for their needs.
You may need to use it for a business plan if you plan to bring on investors too. They will want to know what your business is all about and why you are different, so getting the description correct will make you stand out from your competition.
The description will give you a foundation for where you want to go with the business regarding your mission and target market. This sets an excellent example for the staff you hire and gives them an understanding of their expectations.
What Your Description Should Be
Your cleaning business description should be clear, concise, and persuasive. It should be unique to your business – try not to copy someone else’s mission statement or values.
Take time to sit down and think about what makes your cleaning business unique.
The description should include:
- An introduction to the cleaning services you offer
- What type of cleaning business you are (residential, commercial, green, etc.)
- Your cleaning business’ mission statement
- What makes you different from other cleaning businesses
- Your target market
Write Your Business Plan First
If you haven’t already, it’s a good idea to write your cleaning service business plan before you start working on your cleaning company bio.
This will help you figure out the financials, how to introduce your cleaning business to customers and what you need to do to achieve your goals.
Your cleaning business plan should answer the following questions:
- What are my startup costs?
- How much money do I need to operate?
- What are my long-term goals for my cleaning business?
- What is my target market?
- Who is my competition?
Pro Tip: Don’t start from scratch with your business plan. You can find a sample of a cleaning service business plan here.
How to Write a Cleaning Business Description
Now that you know why you need a cleaning business description, it’s time to learn how to introduce your cleaning business. Here are a few tips on how to write a cleaning business bio that will help you get started:
- Keep it short and sweet. No one wants to read a long, tedious cleaning company bio. Stick to the basics and make sure your statement is clear and concise.
- Be persuasive. Remember, your cleaning business introduction is an opportunity to sell potential customers on why they should use your cleaning services. Use strong language that paints your work in the best light possible.
- Use keywords wisely. If you want potential customers to be able to find your cleaning business online, be sure to include relevant words to describe your business. But don’t stuff them in there – use them sparingly and only where they make sense.
- Always use an active voice. Passive voice is weak and can make your cleaning business sound unprofessional. Stick to an active voice when writing your description to come across as powerful and impactful.
- Proofread! Once you’ve written your cleaning business description, take a step back and read it over. Is it free of grammar and spelling errors? Does it make sense? Are the keywords used wisely? If not, go back and edit as needed.
Cleaning Business Description Example 1
Looking for a reliable, affordable cleaning service in the Seattle area? Look no further than ABC Cleaning Company! We offer a wide range of cleaning services for both residential and commercial customers.
Our mission is to provide our customers with the highest quality cleaning services possible. We are different from other cleaning companies because we use only eco-friendly cleaning products and equipment. And our team of experienced professionals are passionate about what they do.
We cater to a wide range of customers, from busy families to large corporations. No job is too big or too small for us! Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
Cleaning Business Description Example 2
Need a cleaning job finished within 24 hours? We are unique because no job is too big for us and whatever you need doing, will be finished within 24 hours of your initial inquiry. We work around the clock to make sure that you’re happy with the service.
At our cleaning company, we pride ourselves on being able to provide a range of cleaning services at an affordable price. We understand that not everyone can afford to spend a lot of money on cleaning, which is why we offer discounts for bulk bookings and regular customers.
We also offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee – if you’re not happy with our work, we’ll come back and re-clean for free! Contact us today to find out more.
Cleaning Business Description Example 3
Aimed at families with young children and pets, our cleaning company offers a unique cleaning service that is tailored to your specific needs. We understand that it can be difficult to keep your home clean when you have little ones running around, which is why we offer a flexible cleaning schedule that can be adjusted to suit your lifestyle.
We only use safe, non-toxic cleaning products in your home, so you can rest assured knowing that your family is not being exposed to harmful chemicals. And our team of experienced professionals are passionate about providing the best possible service to our customers.
If you’re looking for a cleaning company that puts your family’s safety first, contact us today! Why spend time cleaning when you can be having some quality time with your family?
Frequently Asked Questions
What should be included in a cleaning business description?
A cleaning business description should introduce information about the services and products you provide, as well as your experience level and any specialties. Try to highlight not only features but also how you are different and how you will have a positive influence on the client’s life.
What format should a cleaning business description take?
A cleaning business description should be written in a clear, concise, and informative manner. Try to avoid exaggerated claims or industry jargon and instead focus on the benefits you can offer potential customers.