Operating a trash bin cleaning business requires investing in quality equipment that will help you do every job efficiently.
Keep reading to know the average cleaning equipment costs in the waste management industry.
Table of Contents
Bin cleaning equipment cost
A pre-built trash bin cleaning trailer with a water tank and power washer costs $50,000 to $90,000. If you want substantial savings, you can build a modular system for as low as $25,000. Some used trash bin cleaning systems cost below $20,000, depending on the age, equipment type, and condition.
Deciding whether to pay a premium price for a ready-to-use trash bin cleaning trailer or build one yourself depends on your budget, availability, and convenience preferences.
Custom modular systems
Building your bin cleaning equipment means cutting out the markups, overhead costs, and commissions associated with ready-to-use cleaning systems.
Many suppliers provide readily available parts to help business owners build complete trash bin washing systems. For example, a single-bin trailer features a 200+ gallon water tank, a wastewater recovery system, and an electric-powered 3500 PSI (pounds per square inch) for cleaning 100 bins per full water tank.
Example of low-end costs:
- $1,000 to 6,000 for a power washer
- $150 for a water tank
- $200 for an electrical 12-volt battery
- Much cheaper: Buying and assembling individual components will help you save thousands of dollars if you want lower startup costs.
- Buy new or used: You have the option to purchase new parts for superior performance or choose used components in good condition for even more savings.
- Customize your setup: You have complete control over the design of your bin washing system, as you will oversee the assembly from start to finish.
- More time-consuming: Compared to buying an already-built cleaning system, you have to choose every part and ensure proper functionality.
- Needs solid knowledge and good workmanship: You must be ready to learn everything about building a bin cleaning system. You could be hands-on in doing the job or hire an expert to help you assemble all parts.
Fully built trash bin cleaning trailers
Manufacturers like Sparkling Bins and Hdyro-Chem Systems provide fully-built bin and dumpster cleaning systems assembled in their operations facilities. They perform rigorous quality assurance testing to ensure the bin cleaners they make are up to standards.
- Fast and convenient: You don’t have to put much effort into choosing parts. The bin cleaning system manufacturer will do everything for you.
- Delivered to your doorstep: The company will deliver a fully functioning trash bin cleaning trailer you can hook to your truck right away.
- Full assistance: Companies like Rhino Services offer a done-for-you business to help you select the right equipment for your local demand. They provide financing options, software solutions for accounting and scheduling, and lasting customer support.
- Expensive: You’ll have to pay a lot for the manufacturer to handle the entire trailer setup process, from designing the system to ordering components and assembly.
Ultimately, you’ll still charge the same for bin cleanings, whether you purchased a costly, ready-to-use system or assembled it yourself.
Spending more on bin cleaning equipment means a longer time to recover your costs and make profits.
Evaluate the pros and cons of getting a ready-to-use trash bin washing system versus building one yourself to see which option best fits your business goals.